At SAU, MS admissions decisions are made by faculty in your proposed field of study. Although the Graduate section coordinates the admission process and establishes minimum requirements for admission, application deadlines and additional requirements vary by field of study and degree program.
Students fulfilling the following requirements are eligible to apply.
For M.S. Courses
- Candidates for admission into M.S. degree programmes must have a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Honours) or an equivalent degree from a recognized Universities or Institute.
- A 5-member “Equivalent Committee” formed by the Academic Council shall assess the equivalence of the candidate having degree other than Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Honours).
- Candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or its equivalent in course credit system or at least a 2nd class Bachelor’s degree in the annual system.
- An in-service candidate if selected for admission must obtain necessary clearance and study leave or deputation for the stipulated period from his/her employer prior to admission. An in-service candidate having scholarship or research fund will get preference for admission.
- Candidate may get them admitted twice a year prior to the commencement of the semester July and December upon payment of necessary fees as per the University rule.
Procedure for application
Application will be invited January-June and July-December semester. Qualified candidates are required to apply in a prescribed form from the office of the Dean, MS Studies.
Date and Deadlines
|Start of Application||08 December, 2019|
|Application Deadline||26 December, 2019|
|Result will be published||02 January, 2020|
|05 January, 2020 - 06 January, 2020|
|Class Start||08 January, 2020|